Sunday, August 22, 2010

Musings in Idaho!




Yesterday was a "junk food" Day...Today I'm paying
for my folly! I Miss my potato chips! I miss salt! I miss
chocolate, cake, fudge and frosting!
My old friend was right..Getting old is not for the
feint heart! You have to be a strong old lady to be OLD!
I watch Mom with increasing wander! She is now
88..Pushing Ninety! She's lost lots of weight and is now
slender as she would have loved to have been in her 40s..If she only KNEW! She needed to cut out salt!
She needed to take her water pills! And I need to do
the same! She is so very tiny now.It's hard to look upon.
Yesterday, my brother told me her balance is getting
worse! WELL! YES! It would be...She hasn't had her toe
nails trimmed in 6 mo. I bet she could climb trees with
those Babies! I gotta push her to make an appointment and get it done! I don't think it will help her memory a
bit! It will make her back quit hurting so much. I don't know why we were born so stubborn! I know it couldn't be genetic! Maybe, she won't have to take so many pain pills
for her back, when she's seen the podiatrist! That will make her memory work better! Hummm? She could become my full time job! I can't think of any better duty!

No comments:

Post a Comment